Friday, August 8, 2008

Day 2: A Rant, A Long Rant

Today was an adventure. We decided to go and check out my new school and my potential home for the upcoming school year. The first place we checked out was the Plaza Hotel, which apparently has two floors that have been turned into student housing. Now when I first encountered the idea of living in a hotel, I thought it would be awesome! Free access to a pool, spa, clubhouse room, continental breakfast, and excercise equipment... pretty sweet. But when we went to talk to the manager, she basically told us that the whole hotel was of limits except for the third and fourth floor. And the rooms... well let's just say they're not exactly what I expected. I think I let my hopes get a little too high. But being a poor college student, I guess I must learn to accept the living of a poor college student. So I think I will just have to deal with it. After we looked at housing we went to the mall where I met up with Amanda! We just shopped around, nothing amazing. But it was fun. But as everyone knows, after a day of shopping one starts to feel exceptionally exhausted. So we decided to go into Victoria's Secret as our last store so I could get a slip to wear under my bridesmaid dress. But I only found one and it was not white, and I needed white! And a lady who worked there was determined not to let me leave the store until I bought something. Oh geez! She went to the back to check for things, she took me through the whole store to show me different styles of all types and form of lingerie, and then she showed me their magazine and things I could buy online! And all the while poor Amanda and Madeline where just wandering around the store waiting for me to be done. So I told the lady I didn't want anything and that I was just going to leave. She looked kindof confused, and just smiled at me and said to come back another time. Ha, sure I will. So we finally left the mall, just dying to get home. But I parked at the Hotel which was about four blocks away from the mall, and I really didn't want to walk all the way back to it. So I asked Amanda if she would give me a ride to my car, and she said yes of course. Poor Amanda... she didn't know any better. We started off perfectly fine. Found the hotel, but we couldn't turn into it because we were on the other side of the trax. So we continued down the road and we could not find anywhere to make a U-turn. And then we hit construction. So we made a right turn and every stoplight had a sign that said NO U-TURNS. So after about ten minutes we finally found a place to make a U-turn and I finally arrived safely at my car. Then I decided for the millionth time that I completely detest Utah, especially its HORRIBLE roads. AND THE NAMES OF THEM!! I CANNOT STAND the names of the streets! 145232456 west 968540 southeast??? What kind of street name? Bond Road. Now there is a good solid street name that just makes sense. Go to Bond Road. It just works! Stupid Utah. And the phrases. Oh do not get me started on their phrases! Oh my heck. A girl said that at the mall today. WHO says that?? UGH! Hecka. That is perfect. Not "oh fetch", NOT "oh my heck". Hecka. Now that is a phrase at perfection. So I have decided, in order to maintian my californian-ness, I am going to make sure that I include the word hecka at least once in every one of my posts. Okay so back to my day. So I made it safely to the Olive Garden where me family was eating, and my cousin Cayden (my new best friend mentioned in previous post) greeted my with the biggest, cutest smile and he just said "hi nally, I missed you". I could have died, it was the most adorable thing in the world. He is hecka cute. Hecka. Anyway, I went to Wal-Mart afterwards to buy a GPS and I happened to discover the cheapest bras I have ever seen, and they have cute ones, in my size-- total bliss. Then we saw Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, which was pretty good. But the lady in the back laughing the most hearty laugh she could muster was so much more entertainment. And now I am here. All in all: an adventure.

No comments: