Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Last Week Before School Starts

Ok....tons to catch you up on. This week was such a mix of emotions for me but it turned out to be one of the most fun weeks ever! Alright let's start from the beginning. So I was so excited to move into my dorm (wednesday), and since my roommate hadn't moved in yet, I got to pick my side of the room and move things around until I liked the setup. That night I was so tired it didn't even bother me to sleep alone in some foreign place. But the next day I didn't have anything to do or anyone to do anything with. So I decided to go buy some food and apply for jobs. I was really hoping that by the time I got back home my roommate would have arrived. But after getting everything I needed and returning back to The Plaza, still no roommate. So I just watched movies on my laptop and ate hot pockets for dinner, all by myself. So now it's friday, the day of orientation, which I thought was at ten. But I just wanted to make sure it was friday and not saturday so I called the school for info and they told me that orientation started at eight thirty and I had missed it! I was so sad!! So I still havn't met anyone and I still don't have a roommate and I missed my only activity for the day, so I went to do laundry. On my way back to my room, there were these girls running through the hall to catch the elevator. And then one of them yelled back to me, "hey are you going on the hike?" And I was like what the heck are you talking about?? So she told me that they were doing a hike as a part of orientation, so I dropped all my stuff and started running with them. Turns out they were running late and the busses were about to leave. And that's how I met Karlissa and Ellie. Karlissa and I clicked instantly and we've been almost inseperable ever since, and she lives in the room next door to me: bonus! We went on the hike, which was so much fun! I met TONS of people and started making friends super quick. Then after the hike we got a group of girls together to go clubbing. I was so excited! But it turns out the girl who said she knew where it was didn't actually know how to get there. So all ten of us literally piled into one of the girl's car and drove around to see if we could find it. We couldn't. So we were asking people left and right and everyone was giving us different directions and making us more confused! So we parked the car when we thought we were close and decided to start walking. And let me tell you, Salt Lake is a scary place to walk around in at night. There are so many scary people! But anyway, we walked for about an hour and we still couldn't find the place! We ended up in a super sketchy part of town front of a gay bar when we decided this wasn't a good idea anymore. But now we were really lost. So we looked for the nicest, clean cut guys we could find and asked them if they could give us a ride home. We decided that there were enough of us that if those guys decided to kidnap us we could take 'em. Oh my gosh, I was so tired that night but it was so hard to fall asleep because I couldn't stop thinking about the crazy things that happened to us that night! Anyway, saturday came and me and Karlissa went to the mall and we got matching stunna shades! Haha, they're hecka cool! Then we did a service project where we made hats for newborns, which was pretty fun too...I met even more people! That night we went to a game night, but after a while people started to get bored of the games so we turned on some music and turned it into a dance....that was SO much fun! But today I just went to church which was pretty cool, met even MORE people, and ran into a girl from one of my old high schools. But right now is lunch time and the only food I have left in my dorm is just a whole bunch of oatmeal :( and it's sunday so I can't go grocery shopping. Man, I guess i'm just going to have to deal with oatmeal. Anyway... school starts tomorrow!! Wish me luck!!

No comments: